Visit our secure, password-protected portal.
The SecureFilePro™ Portal is a secure client file exchange web-based portal, which provides our staff at Amy K Baltimore, CPA and our local clients a way to exchange confidential documents securely, conveniently and responsibly, on our own secure site, anytime, anywhere. And, you can rest assured that our site and your files are always protected by strong, industry-standard security measures (256-bit SSL Encryption).
SecureFilePro™ is a workflow tool marketed under the DrakeSoftware brand. Drake Software is a top-tier provider of professional tax preparation software and is the preferred tax software used by Amy K Baltimore and her staff. Amy K Baltimore, CPA has used the Drake Tax Software since the start of her CPA practice in 2013. The addition of SecureFilePro™ has been an extremely useful and indispensable tool when working with our local clientele. The following will provide an overview of the features of SecureFilePro™, how it is used, and how you can obtain access to your own portal on SecureFilePro™ to begin sharing information with us at Amy K Baltimore, CPA.
SecureFilePro™ works with just about any browser and computer, and it utilizes folders and files just like those you use on your computer. Since SecureFilePro™ is a paperless document exchange, Amy K Baltimore, CPA spends far less time printing, faxing, emailing, or mailing returns and other documents to you, our client, when you need a copy.
With SecureFilePro™, there is no need to risk sending sensitive and confidential documents openly by fax or e-Mail.
With SecureFilePro™, you, the client, can upload or download files at any time, from any computer with internet access, allowing for shorter wait times and accelerating the entire tax return process.
With SecureFilePro™, the staff at Amy K Baltimore, CPA can upload your completed tax return and any support documentation (i.e. Invoices, e-File Authorizations, Payment Vouchers, etc.), for review, by you, prior to the electronic filing of your return.
The different types of files that can be shared with us through SecureFilePro™ include, but are not limited to: Intake forms, Tax Organizers, Engagement and Disclosure letters, Tax Preparation documentation and data (i.e. W-2s, Schedules, 1099’s, etc.), Previous Years Tax Return(s), e-File Authorizations (8879), Income Adjustment documentation, Credits and Deductions documentation, IRS Notices, and much more.
To obtain your own personal portal, please, follow these simple instructions:
Send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Christopher Wall – Operations Manager at Amy K Baltimore, CPA, asking to be added as a new client on SecureFilePro™, and provide the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Business Entity (Only for those filing Corporate returns)
- E-Mail Address
- Last 4 Digits of SSN (Individual) or EIN (Business)
Once we have added you as a new client, you will receive an email from SecureFilePro™ instructing you on how to access your portal for the first time, and how to use your portal.
The e-mail should arrive as follows:
A portal has been created for you by Amy K Baltimore CPA. Your username is:
To access your file(s), click the link below:
Or copy and paste the link into the address bar of your browser. THIS LINK WILL EXPIRE IN 48 HOURS.
- When the next window appears, please enter the last four digits of the SSN or EIN, or PIN issued by the sender.
- Create a password for your account. The password must contain an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, a number, and a special character (such as !, #, $, etc.).
- Click the Submit button. The Sign In screen displays.
- Enter your username and password and click the Sign In button.
- When the home page displays, notice the My Folder menu to the left.
- Click Documents from Preparer.
- In the right window, your documents should appear. Click the Download link for a document.
- Select to open or save the file.
- If you select Save, follow the normal procedure you use when saving a file to your computer.
To submit a document to your preparer:
- Click the Documents to Preparer link under the My Folder section.
- In the right window, click the Upload link.
- Click the Select button to search for the file you would like to upload.
- The file should display under the button. Click the Upload button.
- The file will display in the right window. You have the opportunity at this time to rename or delete the file if necessary.
- Your preparer will be notified that a file is ready for downloading from you.
If you have any questions, please contact your tax preparer.
Once you have successfully completed the setup and have logged in for the first time, you will receive the following e-mail:
Dear FirstName LastName,
Thank you for setting up your account with Amy K Baltimore CPA.
If you need to access your account on our site in the future, go to https://amybaltimorecpa.SecureFilePro.com?un=FirstNameLastName .
Thank you for using Amy K Baltimore CPA.
You are now ready to share files and documents with Amy K Baltimore, CPA though SecureFilePro™
Please, bear in mind that all Client Files expire after 7 days. You will only have seven (7) days from the time a file is uploaded, to access and download that file. The file will automatically be removed from your portal on day seven (7). If that happens and you did not have an opportunity to download that file (i.e. vacation, business trip, etc.), please, contact us and we will re-upload that file for you again.
When you, the client, uploads -OR- downloads a file, an e-mail notification is immediately sent to Christopher Wall – Operations Manager which, in the case of a client upload, informs us that a file is ready for download. We will immediately log in to SecureFilePro™, access your portal, and download the file(s) provided in the ‘Documents to Preparer’ folder. Please, be sure to follow up with a personal email to Christopher Wall at email@example.com, letting us know what type of work is needed in reference to the uploaded files.